Newry City, County Down
Newry War Memorial was erected at Trevor Hill in the town in 1938, later it was moved to its present location on Bank Parade.
Near-by is a Crimean cannon.
There are no lists of names.
The inscription reads;-
(Not known at present.)
In 1999, Newry and Mourne District Council embarked on a project to officially record the names of those people from the Newry Town area who lost their lives in the two World Wars.
The resultant impressive volume, prepared by Colin Moffett, lists 373 individuals from the Newry area who died in both world wars, and, unlike most conventional war memorials, includes merchant mariners and civilian casualties, as well as service personnel.